In-person exhibition provides opportunity for broadcasters to get an up-close look at latest solutions for their needs over wireless microwave, satellite or fibre links.
Broadcast Wireless Solutions (BWS) is pleased to have the opportunity to participate as an on-site exhibitor at CABSAT 2021 to be held this month in Dubai from 26–28 October. In addition to showcasing its renowned line of Sapphire HEVC encoders and decoders, Nano Pro TX transmitter, and Sapphire receiver, BWS will be demonstrating two highly anticipated new solutions designed to advance the broadcast industry — the Onyx IP encoder and the Sapphire-BTX Camera-back Transmitter.
- Onyx IP encoder (NEW): This broadcast-quality H.265 encoder offers exceptional compression ratios on video resolutions up to 4K UHD. Ideal for remote production applications over leased lines or satellite, it handles 4 HD or 1 UHD feed with ultra-low latency. Onyx encoders can stream across dual networks using a variety of IP formats, including SRT, at bitrates of up to 120Mb/s.
- Sapphire-BTX Camera-back Transmitter (NEW): Integrating a True 4K HEVC encoder with a COFDM modulator in a single, compact package suitable for camera-back mounting, this transmitter is equipped with a single video input capable of 3G HD-SDI, 6G and 12G thus allowing video formats to UHD.
- Sapphire HEVC encoder and decoder: Offering the latest HEVC compression engines that result in significant bitrate savings over traditional H.264 solutions thus reducing bandwidth costs up to 4K UHD, the Sapphire line can be easily integrated into existing contribution links, SNG trucks or flyaway systems. Broadcasters gain a cost-effective upgrade to the latest encoding technology.
- Nano Pro TX transmitter: This ultra-miniature COFDM digital video transmitter is designed specifically for Point-of-View (PoV) and body-worn applications. It enables production teams to offer viewers stunning high-definition images from the heart of the action in situations never previously possible due to equipment size and battery run-time constraints.
- Sapphire receiver: This broadcast-quality HEVC receiver decoding system combines an 8-way diversity COFDM receiver and BWS’ Sapphire Ultra-Low Latency HEVC decoder in a single 2RU 1⁄2 19’’ package, offering end-to-end latency of less than 40mS. It’s ideal for live action scenarios.
“This year’s CABSAT exhibition promises to be exciting, and we’re thrilled to be able to attend this exhibition on site in Dubai,” says Helen Brown, Director at BWS. “Not only will it allow us to meet with broadcasters in person to discuss their needs for broadcast-quality video/audio via wireless microwave, satellite or fibre links, but it will provide them with a chance to see our latest innovations and to hold personal one-on-one meetings with our team of expert engineers. We know the entire industry is anxious to move forward after the limitations imposed by the pandemic.
“If this pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that we can all keep moving forward safely despite the obstacles placed in our way. At BWS we have continued to focus on improving our existing products and being innovative. We strive to not only meet the ever-changing needs of our customers, but to take broadcasting to new heights that exceed expectations.”
Those wanting to attend CABSAT can register for free. Attendees can contact BWS directly to pre-book a personal meeting at the event.