Broadcast Wireless Systems’ newest transmitter integrates a True 4K HEVC encoder with a COFDM modulator, creating a single lightweight and compact package suitable for camera-back mounting.
Broadcast Wireless Systems (BWS) has released a revolutionary new transmitter designed to meet the needs of today’s broadcasters — the Sapphire BTX.
Whether covering a live event, chasing a breaking news story, or capturing exciting sports coverage, the expert product engineers at BWS know that broadcasters’ choice of an on-camera transmitter needs to be packed with top-of-the-line, cutting-edge features. They also know it needs to be lightweight so as not to influence the weigh distribution of a camera. That’s why we’ve taken all the best features of our camera-back transmitters and worked them into our smallest and lightest transmitter ever.
“We’ve integrated a True 4K HEVC encoder with a COFDM modulator,” says Helen Brown, Director at BWS. “The result is an all-in-one compact package that’s equipped with a single video input capable of 3G HD-SDI, 6G and 12G allowing video formats to UHD.”
Other key benefits include:
- low-latency UHD/HD resolution encoding (typically 35mS input to output)
- single input interface supporting 3G HD-SDI, 6G and 12G
- interchangeable RF modules
- optional bi-directional camera control modules
- supports Anton Bauer and V Lock battery plates
- support for UHD/HD HDR and Timecode (film industry) signal insertion
- ASI Out for onward connectivity
- IP Streaming and Web browser control
Additional product details here.